They can keep their Oscars, Emmys, Grammys, and Golden Globes… I now possess the coveted Liebster!
A huge thanks to Erica from Finding The Funi for thinking that my blog is award worthy!! Seriously, the fact that anyone reads my blog at all just tickles me to death. Knowing people like it and “get it”…well, that’s just icing!!
Ok. Full disclosure: I had no idea what a Liebster Award was before now, so I did a little bit of research:
I found lots of stuff. One bit o’ research in particular made me feel kind of silly, because as the site explained, receiving this award is equivalent to the gangly, asthmatic kid with coke-bottle glasses who rides the bench all season, but still gets a trophy in the end. Everyone wins a Liebster–eventually. But then there were lots of others who said this is really a nice gesture, a great way to promote and acknowledge up and coming bloggers (those with less than 200 followers), and a way to shine a light on the super-fabulous-fun writing they’re putting out there. So you know what…I’ll take it!!!!
Apparently, this is how the Liebster Award process works:
The Liebster award is a recognition given to small bloggers by other small bloggers (max 200 followers), and the rules for the awards are:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself by answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag back thingy’s.
Here goes nothing…
I’ve thanked Erica (check). Posted the Liebster Award Logo (check). No tag backs (check).
Here are the mind-boggling questions Erica would like me to field as a way to enlighten my readers about what makes me tick!
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
It changes on a regular basis, but currently it’s that thing when people suck on their teeth. There’s a person in my life right now who does it regularly and he might as well be stabbing me in the ears with a sharp pencil!
- Car-mel or Car-a-mel?
Well, that depends. Are we talking about Carmel, California, or caramel, the delicious and sugary brown treat that tastes amazing covered in chocolate? Assuming the latter, it’s definitely Car-AHHH-mel.
- What is your favorite quote?
“I love the nights I can’t remember with the friends I can’t forget!”
- If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be?
I’d love to be a surgeon who brings someone back from the brink of death. I don’t think I could handle that kind of stress everyday, but to really know what it means to “save someone’s life” would be really incredible.
- What is the last website you visited?
Wikipedia (had to find out what a Liebster was).
- Toilet paper. Over or under?
Definitely OVER. I believe there are even etiquette books that suggest this is the CORRECT and ONLY way! And in case you’re wondering…yes, yes I do judge the people who go “under”.
- What was the first concert you went to?
R.E.M. It was a rainy, muddy mess. I was wearing white. It was the end of the world as I knew it.
- How do you take your coffee?
Light, no sweet.
- What are you having (or did you have) for dinner tonight?
Salad. It’s bathing suit time!
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I think I’m a pretty good friend.
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Chinese food. No. Wait. Mexican food. No. Chinese. No. Mexican. Who am I kidding…Booze!
My award giver said there should be 11 new recipients that I should identify for the Liebster Award, but I’m kind of new to this gig and frankly, most of the blogs I follow already have over 200 loyal followers (oh, to be so popular). So, these are the 5 blogs I’d definitely nominate for an award (in no particular order) because I think they’re awesome and have something unique to share — or complain about:
Here are the 11 questions I would pose to these fine folks for their consideration and response:
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Dogs or cats?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- If you were a superhero, what would your special power be?
- Would you rather be tall and fat, or really short and skinny?
- If you could have dinner with anyone tonight (dead or alive), who would it be?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Why do you write a blog?
- Are you happy?
- What’s the first word that comes to mind when you see the word “bully”?
- Comedies or Dramas?
So there you have it! I’m paying it forward! Showing the love! Giving the ol’ “atta boy” to my fellow bloggers! Now go read their stuff (and mine). It’s really good!!!